Friday, May 2, 2014

2011 Africa - Investment Destination for Miners - Part IV: West Africa Iron Ore



THIS POST WAS ORIGINALLY PUBLISHED JANUARY 07, 2011

2011 Africa - Investment Destination for Miners - Part IV: West Africa Iron Ore

In our last post we discussed attractiveness of West Africa for the gold producers. However, gold is not the only one commodity present in the area. Generally speaking, the governments are doing much to attract investors. This table shows a comparison of West African states: 

Source: Doing Business in West Africa
ACP MINISTERIAL MEETING PRESENTATION gives detailed description of transportation system in West Africa that is used to deliver various minerals by the mining companies:
As it is seen from the map, a considerable amount of iron ore is extracted and delivered. Indeed the majority of deposits are located in West Africa, as Goldman Sachs portrays it in a nice way:

 


The Financial Times of London in its recent report presents this map that shows the iron ore projects in West Africa

This map shows six of the world’s biggest mining and steel companies are heavily engaged in development of their iron ore programs in West Africa: Guinea, Liberia and Sierra Leone. They are:
While detailed information on the big corporations’ programs may be found on relevant Web-sites, the following documents might be of interest:
ArcelorMittal‟s Iron Ore Mining Project in Liberia
Sierra Leone Mining Sector Overview
Liberia: Investment and Mining Opportunities
CAMEROON :A NEW MINING DESTINATION IN AFRICA
African Aura describes in detail their iron ore projects in Liberia and Cameroon in this presentation.

1 comment:

  1. Halo,I'm Helena Julio from Ecuador,I want to talk good about Le_Meridian Funding Investors on this topic.Le_Meridian Funding Investors gives me financial support when all bank in my city turned down my request to grant me a loan of 500,000.00 USD, I tried all i could to get a loan from my banks here in Ecuador but they all turned me down because my credit was low but with god grace I came to know about Le_Meridian so I decided to give a try to apply for the loan. with God willing they grant me  loan of 500,000.00 USD the loan request that my banks here in Ecuador has turned me down for, it was really awesome doing business with them and my business is going well now. Here is Le_Meridian Funding Investment Email/WhatsApp Contact if you wish to apply loan from them.Email:lfdsloans@lemeridianfds.com / lfdsloans@outlook.comWhatsApp Contact:+1-989-394-3740.

    ReplyDelete